We believe that each of us has a responsibility to take a stand against racism, injustice and inequality. We also believe in encouraging open communication and raising awareness about diversity and inclusion in our workforce, in our industry and in our communities. At Private Ocean, our Leadership team is committed in our efforts against harassment, discrimination and inequality. We are constantly seeking new techniques for increasing diversity in our hiring practices and encourage candidates from various backgrounds to apply. We also strive to promote a happy and healthy work environment that fosters respect and inclusion and celebrates diversity.
Today, this means:
- Requiring all employees to complete anti-harassment and discrimination training which complies with all state regulations. These courses explain what employees should do to avoid incidents of discrimination in the workplace, and how to report incidents. Managers complete a separate training which focuses on prevention. All employees are required to re-take this training every two years.
- Supporting and participating in the CFP® and FPA programs which focus on issues and solutions regarding attracting and recruiting candidates from a broader range of experiences and backgrounds. More information is available online at CFP.net and FinancialPlanningAssociation.org.
- Utilizing an outsourced recruiting team trained on inclusion and diversity to raise awareness and eliminate any bias in our hiring practices.
- Analyzing benchmarking studies beyond just our industry to create pay equity and share recognition.
- Regularly bringing in speakers and coaches for individual staff as well as the whole company to learn about bias.
- Holding open discussions with staff on a regular basis to better understand individual experiences.
- Providing additional training on harassment and bias via our professional employer organization (TriNet).
- Reaffirming our commitment to combat racism and discrimination within our company, on our platform, and in our communities.
We recognize that there still much work to be done. Private Ocean is committed to using our voice and our standing in the community to make progress together.
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE INFORMATION
Please remember that past performance may not be indicative of future results. Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that the future performance of any specific investment, investment strategy, or product (including the investments and/or investment strategies recommended or undertaken by Private Ocean, LLC [“Private Ocean”]), or any non-investment related content, made reference to directly or indirectly in this blog will be profitable, equal any corresponding indicated historical performance level(s), be suitable for your portfolio or individual situation, or prove successful. Due to various factors, including changing market conditions and/or applicable laws, the content may no longer be reflective of current opinions or positions. Moreover, you should not assume that any discussion or information contained in this blog serves as the receipt of, or as a substitute for, personalized investment advice from Private Ocean. Please remember that if you are a Private Ocean client, it remains your responsibility to advise Private Ocean, in writing, if there are any changes in your personal/financial situation or investment objectives for the purpose of reviewing/ evaluating/ revising our previous recommendations and/or services, or if you would like to impose, add, or to modify any reasonable restrictions to our investment advisory services. To the extent that a reader has any questions regarding the applicability of any specific issue discussed above to his/her individual situation, he/she is encouraged to consult with the professional advisor of his/her choosing. Private Ocean is neither a law firm nor a certified public accounting firm and no portion of the blog content should be construed as legal or accounting advice. A copy of the Private Ocean’s current written disclosure Brochure discussing our advisory services and fees is available for review upon requestor at www.privateocean.com. Please Note: Private Ocean does not make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy, timeliness, suitability, completeness, or relevance of any information prepared by any unaffiliated third party, whether linked to Private Ocean’s web site or blog or incorporated herein, and takes no responsibility for any such content. All such information is provided solely for convenience purposes only and all users thereof should be guided accordingly. Please Also Note: If you are a Private Ocean client, Please advise us if you have not been receiving account statements (at least quarterly) from the account custodian.