Susan Dickson, ED.D, MBA
Chief Operating Officer (Retired), Principal, San Rafael
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. -Helen Keller
Susan Dickson is the organizational backbone of Private Ocean. As COO, she's responsible for business finance and administration–including risk, human resource and facilities management, along with financial projections and budgets. As a member of the leadership team, she contributes to strategic planning for business and employee development. She also helps create and implement processes that streamline Private Ocean's business operations.
Since joining Salient Wealth Management in 2005, Susan has helped scale the organization smoothly and efficiently. She played an integral role in the creation of Private Ocean.
Susan has more than 30 years of management experience. She owned and operated two small businesses and held management and executive administrative positions at Lockheed-Martin, Heublein Fine Wine Group, and the De La Salle Christian Brothers.
In 2019, Susan was recognized by San Francisco Business Times as a Most Influential Woman in Business in the Bay Area. In addition to her role at Private Ocean, Susan is an adjunct professor in the Barowsky School of Business and Leadership at Dominican University of California and part of the Ensemble Practice G2 Leadership Institute. She is also past president of Junior League Napa-Sonoma and presently a member of the Financial Women's Association of San Francisco and the American Association of University Women (AAUW). She currently serves as president of the Women, Leadership & Philanthropy Council (WLPC) at Dominican University of California.
- Ed.D in Organization and Leadership, University of San Francisco
- MBA in Strategic Leadership, Dominican University of California
- BA in Human Resource Management, Dominican University of California
- Certified Birkman® Consultant
Community & Affiliations:
- Adjunct professor in the Barowsky School of Business and Leadership at Dominican University of California
- Past president of Junior League Napa-Sonoma
- Member of the Financial Women's Association of San Francisco
- Member of the American Association of University Women (AAUW).
- Current president of the Women, Leadership & Philanthropy Council (WLPC) at Dominican University of California.